Mind Edutainment Private Limited is a company incorporated in India under the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 having its address at 207/10, Sikka Complex, Preet Vihar, Delhi 110 082, India having CIN No. – U80903DL2007PTC170989 (hereinafter referred to as “Konshius” or “THOTS” or “THOTS Lab” or “MEPL” or “Company” or “We” or “Our” or “Us”).
If you wish not to agree with any of the terms and conditions of this Policy, kindly refrain from using the Website, Application or its services/products or until satisfaction for you to use the same by its Sales/Marketing/Technical/Legal Team, avail any of these Services. Konshius can be reached, for all questions and directions related to this policy by sending a letter marked to the attention of Customer Care to 207/10, Sikka Complex, Preet Vihar, Delhi 110 082, India or through email to email@example.com
- Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000;
- Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “SPI Rules”); and
- Regulation 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
User Provided Information
The Application / Website / Services / Products record the information you provide when you download and register for the Application or Services or products. When you register with us, you generally provide (a) your name, age, email address, phone number, password, your ward’s educational interests, your interests; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use applications from us; (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help; (d) information you enter into its system when using the Application/Services/products, such as while asking doubts, seeking clarifications, participating in discussions and taking tests. The said information collected from the users could be categorized as “Personal Information“, “Sensitive Personal Information” and “Associated Information“. Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information and Associated Information (each as individually defined under this Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 (the “Data Protection Rules“)) shall collectively be referred to as “Information” in this Policy.
Konshius may use Information to contact you from time to time, to provide you with the Services, important information, required notices and marketing promotions. Konshius will request you when it need more information that personally identifies you (Personal Information) or allows us to contact you.
Konshius will not differentiate between who and how you are accessing the Application, Website or Services or products, so long as the log in/access credentials match with yours. In order to make the best use of the Application/Website/Services/products and enable your Information to be captured accurately on the Application/Website/Services/products, it is essential that you access using your own credentials.
Konshius will, at all times, provide the option to you, not to provide the Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information, which it seeks from you. Further, you can, at any time while using the Application / Website / Services / products, also have an option to withdraw your consent given earlier to it, to use such Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information. Withdrawal of the consent by you is required to be sent in writing to us at the contact details provided in this Policy below. In any such event, Konshius or the Company fully reserves the right to withdraw further usage of the Application / Website or provide any further Services / products thereunder to you.
Automatically Collected Information
- In addition, the Application / Website / products / Services may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of access device you use, your device unique device ID, the IP address of your device, your mobile operating system, the type of Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Application / Website / Services / products. As is true for most web or mobile applications, Konshius also collects other relevant information as per the permissions that you provide.
- Konshius uses an outside payment processing company to bill you for the goods and services availed by you. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information of you for any other purpose.
- The company collects information about the users and use of our services, all the interactions including information relating to your computers, tablet etc., used for accessing our services. This includes but is not restricted to website activities, study materials access, queries, your interactions with our affiliates and partners, their recorded video and audio formats with date and time, location, recorded form of transcripts, device IPs, device IDs, software used, statistics, referred resources to access our web and resources, cookies, browsers, its settings and any other technological setting relevant to accessing Konshius platform etc., to aid the company in delivering optimized program or services to the user/s in a customized way as required for effective learning outcomes. Without the consent of the user, the company would not share, rent or sell any personal information with third parties other than what is disclosed, if any, as per this Terms and Conditions and what is required under relevant laws of the land as applicable.
- The Applications may enable User to communicate with other Users or to post information to be accessed by others, whereupon other Users may collect such data. The Company hereby expressly disclaims any liability for any misuse of such information that is made available by visitors in such a manner.
- The Company has implemented Indian legal industry standard security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the Personal Information that it has under its control from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. It is expressly stated that the Company shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the Users’ personal data or events that are beyond the reasonable control of the Company including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
- The Company shall address any discrepancies and grievances of all Users with respect to processing of information in a time bound manner. For this purpose, the Company has designated Ms. Anami as the ‘grievance officer’, who will redress the grievances of the Users expeditiously but within 3 (three) months from the date of receipt of grievance, and who can be reached by sending a letter marked to the attention of Ms. Anami, at the address, 207/10, Sikka Complex, Preet Vihar, Delhi 110 082, India or aending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use of your Personal Information
- Konshius uses the collected Information to analyse trends, to conduct research, to administer the Application / Services and products, to learn about each user’s learning patterns and movements around the Application / Services and products and to gather demographic information and usage behaviour about its user base as a whole. Aggregated and individual, anonymized and non-anonymized data may periodically be transmitted to external service providers to help us improve the Application, products and its Services. Konshius will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described below in this Policy.
- Konshius may use the individual data and behavior patterns combined with personal information to provide you with personalized content, and better your learning and experience. Third parties provide certain services which we may use to analyze the data and information you provide to personalize, drive insights and help it better your experience or reach out to you with more value added applications, products, information and services. However, these third party companies do not have any independent right to share this information. Konshius does not sell, trade or rent your Information to any third party unless, we have been expressly authorized by you either in writing or electronically to do so. Konshius may at times provide aggregate statistics about its customers, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third parties, however this information when disclosed will be in an aggregate form and does not contain any of your Personally Identifiable Information.
- All the information, including Personal Information, provided by the Users (the “User Information”) is maintained by the Company in electronic form on online servers/cloud systems and shall be accessible by certain employees of the Company as mentioned below. The User Information may also be converted to physical form from time to time. Regardless of the manner of storage, the Company will keep all User Information confidential, and will only disclose User Information to –
- Its employees on a need-to-know basis. All the Company employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of User Information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of User Information.
- Third party service providers to the extent necessary to provide the Users with the necessary assistance. The Company may provide the User Information to third party service providers to work on behalf of or with the Company to provide the Users with the necessary assistance, to help the Company communicate with the Users or to maintain the Applications.
- Notwithstanding the above, the Company shall not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the User Information or events that are beyond the reasonable control of the Company including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
- Konshius will occasionally send email notices or contact you to communicate about its Services, products and benefits, as they are considered an essential part of the Services/products you have chosen. The User may also receive updates about special offers, new services, and other noteworthy events or training programs. However, the User may, at any time choose to no longer receive such types of emails.
Konshius may disclose Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal processes;
- to enforce applicable ‘Terms’, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
- when it believes in good faith (doctrine of uberrima fides) that the disclosure is necessary to protect its rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, address security or technical issues or respond to a government request;
- with its trusted services providers who work on its behalf, do not have an independent use of the information Konshius discloses to them, and have agreed to and adhered to the rules set forth in this Policy;
- to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of the Application / Website / Services / Product / Mind Edutainment Private Limited or its users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- with third party service providers in order to personalize the Application / Website / Services / products for a better user experience and to perform behavioural analysis;
Any portion of the Information containing personal data relating to minors provided by you shall be deemed to be given with the consent of the minor’s legal guardian. Such consent is deemed to be provided by your registration with Konshius.
Access to your Personal Information
Konshius will provide you with the means to ensure that your Personal Information is correct and current. If you have filled out a user profile, it will provide an obvious way for you to access and change your profile from its Application / Services / Website / products. Konshius adopts stringent security measures to protect your password from being exposed or disclosed to anyone. Only upon you forgetting the password for its Application / Website or Services, Konshius will have a right to reset the same to you with your prior approval as per standard web practices.
Konshius send cookies (small files containing a string of characters) to your computer, thereby uniquely identifying your browser. Cookies are used to track your preferences, help you login faster, and aggregated to determine user trends. This data is used to improve its offerings, such as providing more content in areas of greater interest to a majority of users.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Some of Konshius features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Konshius may alert you by email or phone (through sms/call) to inform you about new service offerings or other information which it perceives might be useful for you.
When you use certain features on our website like the discussion forums and you post or share your personal information such as comments, messages, files, photos, will be available to all users, and will be in the public domain. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your profile or when posting on our forums this information may become publicly available.
Konshius is concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Information. Konshius provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Information it processes and maintain. An illustration being, Konshius limits access to this Information to authorized employees only who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve its Application / Services / products / Website. Please be aware that, although Konshius endeavour is to provide stringent security, for information it possesses and maintains, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
How long does Konshius retain user data?
Currently, Konshius retains user data while an account is active and for at least three years afterwards. It may alter this practice according to legal and business requirements. For example, it may lengthen the retention period for some data if needed to comply with law or voluntary codes of conduct. Unless otherwise prohibited, it may shorten the retention period for some types of data if needed to free up storage space.
When you access Konshius Website, its servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, internet protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
When you send an email or other communication to Konshius, it may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services.
Changes to this Statement
Konshius believes that every user of our Application / Services / Products / Website must be in a position to provide an informed consent prior to providing any Information required for the use of the Application / Services / Products / Website. By registering with it, you are expressly consenting to its collection, processing, storing, disclosing and handling of your information as set forth in this Policy now and as amended by us. Processing, your information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining, sharing, transferring and disclosing information, all of which activities will take place in India. If you reside outside India your information will be transferred, processed and stored in accordance with the applicable data protection laws of India.
Konshius Grievance Officer shall undertake all reasonable efforts to address your grievances at the earliest possible opportunity. You may contact Grievance Officer, 207/10, Sikka Complex, Preet Vihar, Delhi 110 082, India or reach out to us on email@example.com, in case of any queries.